Wednesday, February 10, 2010

PCAT question, is it true that for the chemistry section on the test NO PERIODIC TABLE is given?

This sounds insane, so how much of the periodic table do PCAT test takers need to memorize? And one final question, are there any websites were I can build up on PCAT vocabulary for the verbal section of the test. I'm a first year pre- pharmacy student.PCAT question, is it true that for the chemistry section on the test NO PERIODIC TABLE is given?
I took the PCAT this past June 2007, and yes, it is true that no periodic table is given. However, you do not need to spend your time memorizing it. If anything, you need to know the atomic numbers of the first 2 rows (to neon). Also, you do not get to use a calculator, so brush up on mental/paperwork math.





As for the verbal section, what was helpful for me was spending a week straight on analogies. I used an old SAT book (before they removed analogies) to practice. I hope this answers your questions, and good luck!

1 comment:

  1. If you are not able to study properly for your test preparations then it is the right time to revamp your study time table. It is able possible that your study method is not working properly so I would suggest you to try other methods too. I just started the preparations using one of the Mobile Bar Review Courses and must say that it is my first experience with the online study mode but my performance has increased with this.

    ReplyDelete