Friday, February 12, 2010

True Vegans: this is a serious question. Do you kill bugs in your house?

If so, which ones perish, and which ones are spared? If you had a roach or termite infestation, what would you do? I've read that true vegans do not consume honey due to the exploitation of bees, though the bees aren't even killed in the process. So what would you do in the case of a terrible outbreak of pestilence in your home? True vegans, please explain your answers so that I can understand..True Vegans: this is a serious question. Do you kill bugs in your house?
Nobody can ever prevent the killing of all living things - the most anyone can do is to try to reduce unnecessary suffering as much as possible. I don't kill bugs with any intent in my house, but then I live in the UK so there isn't likely to be anything life-threatening setting up home with me! Same with infestations, just don't get that problem here. Clearly, I might accidentally stand on an insect, or have one fly into my eye, for example, but I'm not going to lose sleep over something I have no control over.True Vegans: this is a serious question. Do you kill bugs in your house?
i am a vegetarian, but no, i dont kill bugs, if they are large, like spiders, i carry them outside, if they are ants, i clean up whatever is attracting them and they will leave
I'm vegetarian but I'm gonna tell you : I will kill any insect that tries to bother me.





And if a dog tries to attack me, I'm gonna kick him so hard.
So what do you mean by a True Vegan? You must have an idea of what you think a True Vegan is.





I am a vegan, have been for years, about 15. I eat only vegetables, rice and spaghetti. I am not a vegan because I feel it's wrong to kill insects, or even animals. I do not purposely go and kill an animal, but I kill bugs - I have a fear of spiders because of being bitten by a black-widow when I was a child. Most times I get someone else to kill them. But I will kill them.
No, I don't kill anything. Bugs in my house get carried outside... BUT if it was a total infestation of bugs (which i dont see happening), I'd try humane things to get them out, BUT if it didn't work, Yes, I'd have to have an exterminator come in.
I have a contraption that I ordered from Peta


that guides bugs back outside when they


enter the window. I don't ever get bugs in my


house. However if a misquito is biting me


outdoors I will swat at it. It's self preservation.


I'm not a perfect Buddhists. That's my weakness.
I am not really a true vegan, because I eat honey. I have never had any problems like that, but I don't even kill mosquitoes, the only animals I purposely kill are ticks (I live in rural Wisconsin), because they can cause serious harm to me. If a mosquito tries to bite, I just brush it away, but they don't bother me a lot, anymore.
no
No, I don't.





If it was a TOTAL infestation, I might. But the area I live in is not prone to roach or termite infestations, only ants.


If it's a little spider on my wall, I guide it to a piece of paper and put it outside.





I don't eat honey. Even though the bees aren't killed, I still think it's wrong.
I always pick them up with a paper towel gently and take them out side.
Yes as long as you don't eat it it's fine but if you don't want to kill it get a family member or friend to do it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment